Thursday 18 October 2018

Once more into the breach

(Full disclosure: this post has been sitting in my drafts for three months.  It's a bit of a jumble and I'm going to leave it that way - hopefully, I'll be posting more coherently going forward.)


With Bendis on board, it's time to stop procrastinating.  When I started this blog, I honestly thought that, at the very least, I would do a weekly (or thereabouts) round-up on recent comics.  I'm mainly a DC reader, but I do check out other books here and there when time and enjoyment allows - Invincible, for example, was a must-read whenever new issues came out.

But I didn't do it.

I kept thinking 'no one is going to read this'.  'No one cares.'

I used to be a regular on the old DC Boards, both before The Great Crisis  and The Final Entropy that forced us to seek refuge in other venues across the interwebs - DCU, CBR etc - and I think I have a reasonably good standing in the sites that I do use, but time and work and life have lessened my availability in sharing my thoughts with other readers on those sites.

It's the way things end up being, right?

And the things I did write about - the Man of Steel movie, for example - I may have gotten a little carried away with.  I'll try to temper that.

So now I'm going to try to make more of an effort on this blogging thing - at the very least on the comics-side of it, especially with Superman.  It's going to be an escape of sorts, I think.

Some reading this post may have come here through my Harry Potter fan fiction - What if the Dursleys had been nice - and I think tying these posts to my writing is an important thing for me to do, going forward.

So, yeah, time to stop procrastinating...

No comments:

Post a Comment