Wednesday 15 August 2012

A supplication to Allah (swt)


Oh Allah
 
Help me to speak words of truth in the face of adversity, to stand up for what is right and good and fight back against what is wrong and evil...
 
Help me to refrain from speaking or thinking ill of others, or to lie in order to gain the admiration of others...
 
Help me to be loyal and steadfast to those around me.
 
Oh Allah
 
Should You bless me by giving me wealth, do not take away my happiness...
 
Encourage my hands (and heart) to be open and giving and allow me to be a benefit to others, near and far.
 
And should You bless me by giving me strength and might, do not take away the wisdom You have graced me to have...
 
Permit me to help others shoulder their burdens and to be a good example, and draw me away from being oppressive or transgressing on the rights of others (because I know You do not love those who oppress or transgress).
 
Oh Allah
 
Should You give me success, great or small, do not take away my humility...
 
Shy me away from arrogance and open my eyes and heart to the plight of others, and use me as a source of comfort for them.
 
Oh Allah
 
Should You give me modesty and lower my gaze and soften my voice, do not take away my sense of dignity...
 
Help me uphold the dignity of those around me by hand and by mouth.
 
Oh Allah...
 
Help me to love others as I love myself; to want the best for those nearest and dearest to me and those around me.
 
And teach me to be firm and to judge myself as I judge others...
 
May any such judgment not be wanton and aggressive and be through understanding and based on righteousness (and not self-righteousness).
 
Oh Allah
 
Teach me that forgiveness is one of the greatest steps toward strength, and one of the greatest gifts You have given us...
 
(Allow me to follow the example of Prophet Muhammad (saw), who forgave those who were the cause of such torment - including forgiving those who had killed his beloved uncle and mutilated his body).
 
Oh Allah
 
Do not curse me with arrogance should I be successful, or fill me with despair and hopelessness should I fail. Permit me to be humble (and aware that all success is from You) yet willing to step up and use the gifts You have bestowed upon me in grateful and proper ways...
 
Oh Allah
 
Remind me always that failure is the trial that comes before success...
 
For both success and failure allow me to be aware of the fact that 'this time, too, shall pass'.
 
Oh Allah
 
Should You take away the wealth You have given me, allow me keep my hopefulness and trust in You...
 
And should I fail, please let me keep the power of determination...
 
Grant me steadfastness and perseverance that I may embrace any trials You put me through and do my utmost at working through them
 
And should You take away the blessing of good health, please permit me keep the blessing of faith that You have Graciously bestowed on me...
 
Please strengthen my Iman through adversity and comfort, and increase my appreciation and awareness of You.
 
Oh Allah...if I have harmed others, or ever do harm to others, give me the courage to swallow or cast away any pride and to apologise...
 
And if others harm me, then I beseech You to bless me with the strength and compassion to forgive them...
 
You have decreed that Your Mercy shall surpass Your Wrath, please allow me to be the same regardless of my impotence and minuteness compared to Your Majesty and Grandeur
 
And... should I, somehow, forget You and the blessings You have bestowed upon me and those around me... Ya Allah, I beg that You should not turn away from me and exclude me from Your great Compassion and Clemency, for You alone are the Greatest, the All Powerful. The Ruler, The Sustainer, The Nourisher, The Provider, The Guider, The Light on all things that were, are and ever will be.
 
Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment